Thursday 20 March 2014

Korean/Asian Motherhood

14 March - Waitemata DHB meeting.  This time we listened to a lecture by Dr Aram Kim, Psychiatry registrar, talking about Korean and Asian way of pregnancy, childbirth and childrearing.
Until this lecture I only knew about the tradition of co-sleeping of parents and their children. I am a big fan of it but westernised Asian families avoid it. There is a law in China that children age 3 must attend fulltime Childcare. I have seen often in Auckland‘s parks, elderly Asians beautifully caring for their grandchildren. I have also been asking myself why young pregnant woman come back home to give birth. After this lecture, the puzzle was solved. Asian people respect and support the Universal Law of Attachment.  It was a very uplifting lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment